Wednesday, July 6, 2011

FOOD

I am grateful for food!!! I am thankful that I have always had three meals a day, and for the hard work that goes in to preparing them. Especially when my mom cooks, she is an amazing cook, one day I hope to be just as good as her. And well I've had plenty of practice ever since I moved out last summer. Today I experimented with essential oils, and here are the recipes. Both turned our very good, even tough I was scared of cooking with the oils.

Lime Cilantro Rice

INGREDIENTS
2 cups water
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup white rice
2 drops of lime essential oil
1 drop of cilantro essential oil

DIRECTIONS
1. Bring water to a boil; stir the butter and rice into the water. Cove, reduce heat to low, and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 min.
2. Add 2 drops of lime essential oil and 1 drop of cilantro essential oil to the cooked rice just before serving.

Grilled Halibut with Cilantro Garlic Butter

INGREDIENTS
4 fillets halibut
Lime essential oil
Black pepper essential oil
salt
3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 drop cilantro essential oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil

1. Preheat grill for high heat. Marinade each fillet with 3 drops lime essential oil and 2 drops black pepper, then season them with salt.
2. Grill fish fillets for about 5 minutes on each side, until browned and fish can be flaked with a fork. Remove to a warm serving plate.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium hear. Add garlic; cook and stir just until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in butter, add one drop of cilantro essential oil and one drops of lime essential oil. Serve fish with cilantro butter sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment